- Now here is one surgeon who if he says a particular condition has to be operated , it definitely has to be operated. What I'm trying to say is that he does not perform unnecessary surgeries or procedures.
My mother who had been having knee pain for a few years was managed by him for quite some time conservatively , trying to keep her mobile , pain free and most importantly with her "own knees" . But as time passed on a call had to be taken for performing the surgery and I agreed.
There were a lot of people who scared me that it would be complicated , there will be a lot of pain and the patient cannot get back to normal. And Dr. Sunil busted all those myths.
My mom was in the hospital for 3 days. She went home without a walker. She was on painkiller tablets for about a week. Sutures were removed in 12 days. And my mom was climbing stairs withing a month , with a normal gait.........And after her knee replacement she has undertaken the Sabarimala pilgrimage 5 times and even trekked the hill on all occasions.
Please do visit him if you are looking for an efficient , ethical doctor for whom economic considerations do not play a part in the decision making process which is always aimed at the best possible outcome for the patient.
- My brother had a fractured shoulder and was treated by Dr.Sunil. what we expected to be a painful surgery went on without any hassles, and Dr.Sunil made us feel very comfortable. He took time to explain the procedure as well as answer all our queries and doubts. Today, few months into the procedure, my brother has a fully healed shoulder with full mobility! We will not have any second thoughts about suggesting Dr.Sunil to anyone who requires any sort of orthopaedic help! Thank you doctor for being so helpful and making us feel so comfortable.
- Hi, I'am an orthopaedic surgeon myself, practicing since 2014... Back in 2016 during early stage of my career, I consulted Dr Sunil for my grandmother who was case of Caplan syndrome with replacements done already for both hips and both knees, who had periprosthetic fracture of knee... Many hospitals refused to treat due to the complexity involved in the surgery... But it was Dr. Sunil who willingly agreed and did the revision replacement surgery on one of the knees and the other knee did a fixation with prosthesis Insitu... So it was such a good surgery and my grandmother was well followed during post-operative period. And within 2 months te she started to walk again and she has been pain-free since then... I sincerely thank Dr. Sunil for the wonderful job he did for my grandmother and will always be remembered by my family as one of the great orthopaedic surgeon...
- I had neck pain after a small trauma few months back. Following which started left thumb numbness. i have approached Dr. Ashok Sunil Gavaskar for the same. routine x ray cervical spine was taken and he said its a compression of c2 and c3. He started me the medications for 4 weeks along with regular physiotherapy . My neck pain started to reduce from the next day of my visit to him. After 4 weeks of physiotherapy my thumb numbness reduced to the maximum. Thank u very much Sunil sir.
- I met with a road accident and I had a fracture in left proximal tibia. I underwent a surgery by Dr.Ashok S Gavaskar wherein knee spanning external fixation left lower limb as phase I to realign my bones and ORIF with LCP left proximal tibia. Later, after 2 years, the plates and screws were also been removed by Dr. Ashok S Gavaskar and I am quite normal now. I am totally fine and could able to drive, play , walk, run etc without any difficulties. Dr.Ashok S Gavaskar is an excellent Doctor who is so caring and the way he explains the problem to patients is extremely good. I have referred him to my family members, friends etc and got very good opinion and feedback from them too.. Excellent Doctor and may god bless him to fullfill his personal and professional wishes.
- Sunil sir has operated my father, both side knee replacement was done. I can definitely vouch for him being one of the best surgeons. He is such a down to earth person. Thank you sir.
- Best doctor I have experienced.so cordial and friendly. Explains the medication vividly and not money minded man.